Dority & Manning is looking to fill a full time, permanent position of a Patent Attorney or Agent in their Greenville, SC office.
Do you enjoy engaging with a vibrant team, having the ability to provide input on key decisions, and having access to leadership training and professional development? Are you looking for a firm where you can make a direct impact by closely partnering with in-house counsel? Do you thrive in a casual and close-knit team atmosphere that offers unique mentorship opportunities?
Dority & Manning has developed a dynamic, energetic, and inclusive environment where all individuals are accepted, valued, empowered, and able to meet their highest potential.
- Partner with the D&M team and in-house teams to develop and execute thoughtful and effective global IP strategies.
- Draft and prosecute patent applications.
- Draft opinions of counsel.
- Conduct due diligence investigations and perform freedom-to-operate and landscape analyses.
- Assist in key litigation activities.
- Opportunities for strategic counseling through client-facing interactions.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related fields of study and/or relevant experience.
- Must be a member of the U.S. patent bar.
- Minimum of 2 years of patent drafting and prosecution experience required.
- A respectful, friendly, and energetic environment built on trust.
- A culture that thrives on collaboration, transparency, and team building.
- Immediate introduction and partnership with leading high-technology clients, including Fortune 100 companies.
- Regular opportunities for travel and in-person client interactions.
- Professional trainer and training program to enhance each individual skill set.
- Unique leadership and professional development opportunities.
- Formal mentoring program.
- Regular social gatherings and celebrations to build internal relationships and to support charitable causes that mean the most to our team.
- Opportunities for client Secondments.
- Emphasis on work/life balance.
- Sit and stand desks for all employees.
- No-meeting Wednesdays.
- Casual attire.
- 401k/Profit Sharing.
- Employer Paid Benefits Options for Employees.
Interested Candidates are asked to submit a resume, transcripts, and a writing sample to the Talent Acquisition Manager, Brittany Pray.
Please mention you found the position on the IPWatchdog JobOrtunities™ Job Board.
About Dority & Manning, P.A.
Dority & Manning, P.A. is a rapidly growing intellectual property boutique with a unique approach to legal service and business operations. Not only do we believe that success is built upon exceptional relationships both internally and externally, but we also offer a distinctive firm structure and innovative solutions tailored to individual client needs. Our firm thrives on foundations of trust, openness, and integrity to build an environment of true collaboration. We aim to invest in our people, culture, and systems to create an atmosphere where all people grow and succeed.
From start-up ventures to multinational, Fortune 100 corporations, Dority & Manning represents a diverse set of organizations in all aspects of intellectual property law. Our team works closely with high-technology clients developing advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning, quantum computing, aerospace, automotive systems, power generation, and other innovative technologies to secure patent protection and provide relevant strategic counsel.
Warning & Disclaimer: The pages, articles and comments on IPWatchdog.com do not constitute legal advice, nor do they create any attorney-client relationship. The articles published express the personal opinion and views of the author as of the time of publication and should not be attributed to the author’s employer, clients or the sponsors of IPWatchdog.com. Read more.