Great Wolf Lodge is set to debut its largest resort in Perryville, Maryland, bringing more than 850 jobs to Cecil County when it opens in 2023
Mid-Atlantic families will have something fun to howl about in 2023 as Great Wolf Resorts, Inc., North America’s largest family of indoor water park resorts, broke ground today on its newest resort in Perryville, Maryland. Great Wolf Lodge Maryland will become the brand’s 20th resort in North America, and the largest, with 700-family-friendly suites and a 126,000-square foot indoor water park. The resort will sit on 48-acres on the western edge of Cecil County, making it a convenient family getaway for those in Baltimore, Philadelphia, Wilmington and many other Mid-Atlantic and Northeast communities. With construction now officially underway, Great Wolf Lodge Maryland is scheduled to open middle-to-late 2023.
“As we look to expand the Great Wolf Lodge experience to new markets, we are excited to place our newest resort in Perryville, Maryland and provide Mid-Atlantic families with an easy, carefree escape where kids and parents will laugh, play and have joy-filled adventures together,” said Murray Hennessy, Chief Executive Officer for Great Wolf Resorts. “Being a short driving distance from several key markets makes Perryville an ideal location for a Great Wolf Lodge. With the tremendous support from the state, county and town, as well as our shareholders Blackstone and Centerbridge Partners, we’re excited to make this resort a reality. We’re eager to be a part of this community and to help contribute to its continued growth and prosperity.”
Great Wolf Lodge and its construction partner, Turner, estimate more than 2,000 employment opportunities will become available as a result of the two-year timeframe required to build the more than $250 million dollar family resort. When the resort opens, Great Wolf Lodge Maryland will create more than 850 new jobs in Cecil County, ranging from engineering and IT professionals to lifeguards and housekeepers, all with long-term career growth potential.
“Maryland was recently rated as the nation’s most improved state for business, and the addition of Great Wolf Lodge—the brand’s largest resort in North America—is yet another shining example that our state economy is coming back stronger and better than ever before,” said Governor Hogan. “This family friendly destination will bring hundreds of new jobs and thousands of tourists to our state, and is further proof that Maryland truly is open for business.”
“Great Wolf Lodge’s investment in Maryland will not only provide a year-round tourism attraction for visitors, but it will also bring significant job creation to Cecil County over the next few years,” said Maryland Commerce Secretary Kelly M. Schulz. “With thousands of construction jobs in the works, and more than 850 new jobs expected when the resort opens, Great Wolf’s impact will be felt throughout the Mid Atlantic region. We couldn’t be happier to have the company select Maryland for its largest resort yet.”
“We are thrilled to welcome Great Wolf Lodge’s largest resort to the Town of Perryville. We are excited to partner with such an iconic brand and our residents are eager to welcome them to our community,” added Perryville Mayor Matt Roath. “With Great Wolf’s reputation for family-friendly entertainment, attractions and accommodations, it’s a perfect fit for our town. We feel this project will greatly add to our local tourism offerings with a significant economic impact for our community. We anticipate Great Wolf Lodge will be the first project in what promises to be the most significant growth period our town has ever seen. Again, we are very excited and grateful.”
“Cecil County is excited to welcome Great Wolf Lodge as we continue to diversify our business community,” shared Cecil County Executive Danielle Hornberger. “This resort will provide family fun for residents and visitors alike and is a great addition to our growth corridor in the western part of the County. We will continue to work with Great Wolf Lodge to streamline their construction process.”
Great Wolf Lodge Maryland will be a year-round family destination filled with attractions and amenities for all ages. Some of the highlights include:
– An expansive 126,000-square-foot indoor waterpark, heated to a comfortable 84 degrees and featuring a variety of body slides, tube slides, raft rides, activity pools and splash areas for every member of the family – from toddlers and teens, to parents and grandparents.
– A 57,000-square-foot family entertainment center known as the Great Wolf Adventure Park will offer a variety of family-friendly attractions, including MagiQuest – Great Wolf Lodge’s exclusive live-action adventure game where players use interactive magic wands to battle goblins and dragons.
– A collection of complimentary family events and activities including Yoga Tails, a morning exercise program that combines tales from animal friends found in the Northwoods with yoga poses, and Great Wolf Lodge’s signature Story Time event, where children gather around the fireplace for a bedtime tale.
– Several dining options that will appeal to a variety of culinary styles ranging from pizza and burgers, to upscale dining at Barnwood and premium ice cream treats at Wood’s End Creamery.
– Family friendly suites in a variety of categories and styles including Great Wolf themed suites with separate sleeping quarters for kids designed as either a log cabin or wolf den and outfitted with bunk beds and Great Wolf character theming. The resort will also feature suites with multiple bedrooms for large families or multi-generational groups.
Great Wolf Lodge Maryland will offer an exceptional value for families with admission to the water park and much of the family entertainment activities in the Grand Lobby included as part of the guest’s stay.
Meeting and event planners can also look to Great Wolf Lodge Maryland for their meeting and event needs. The property will boast 12,000 square-feet of flexible conference space with breakout rooms, built-in A/V technology, customizable catering options and a team of dedicated industry professionals to tend to every meeting need.
Great Wolf Lodge Maryland will be located at the Chesapeake Overlook, visible from I-95 and overlooking the Susquehanna River. As part of Great Wolf Lodge’s environmental initiative, Project Green Wolf, the resort will offer preferred parking with charging stations for electric vehicles along with a number of energy and water conservations measures such as energy-saving LED lighting and special water filters to reduce consumption.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
© 2021 Hotel News Resource