Exposure sites include venues in city’s northern beaches and south-west after NSW premier Gladys Berejiklian ordered lockdown
- Australian woman in Sydney quarantine told to charter flight to see dying father in Melbourne
- Sydneysiders divided by Covid lockdown, united in confusion
- Sydney Covid lockdown restrictions: see the NSW update to coronavirus rules
- NSW Covid restrictions; NSW exposure sites and cases map
- Download the free Guardian app; get our morning email briefing
Queensland police have held a media conference about the death of a police officer north of Brisbane this morning.
The 53-year-old male senior constable was responding to a suspected stolen vehicle when he was struck by the car and killed on the Bruce Highway at Burpengary.
While we wait for the NSW Covid-19 update at 11am, here are some other breaking stories this morning:
The federal government’s five-year threatened species strategy, launched by the former environment minister Greg Hunt, has failed to meet targets to stem the decline of 20 priority birds, 20 mammals and 30 plants.